When can pain and stress play a role?
Pain and stress are unfortunately still common during illness and treatment. We distinguish between different moments in the illness process in which pain and stress can play a role to a greater or lesser extent. We will work to prevent and combat pain and stress at the following points:
- during and after surgery.
- around short procedures such as a puncture.
- complex pain caused by the illness or treatment.
- pain in a phase when getting better is no longer possible.
Pain-free care teamOf course, everyone at Máxima wants pain-free and stress-free care. In order to strive for pain-free and stress-free care, there is a special team that is focused on treating the pain. This team consists of employees with the following disciplines:
- nursing pain counsellor
- sedation practice specialist
- physician assistant comfort specialist
- anesthetist pain specialist
All disciplines are involved in anesthesia, procedural sedation, complex pain management and techniques for optimal comfort.
Contact with the team for pain-free care
At times when pain and stress play a role, you will meet us or you can contact us via your doctor or nurse. Of course, you can also contact us directly.