Prior to receiving the diagnosis
- Does my child have cancer?
- What type of cancer do you think my child has?
- Which tests will my child get?
- How can we prepare for them?
- Will our child be hospitalized for these tests?
- When will you receive the test results?
- What form of cancer does my child have?
- Where is the cancer located?
- How serious is it?
- Will my child survive?
- Will you please explain the test results?
- Is it a good idea to get a second opinion?
- What treatment will my child be given?
- What is the treatment to achieve?
- How likely is it that the treatment will be successful?
- How does the treatment work?
- What is your experience with this treatment?
- When will treatment commence?
- How long does the treatment take?
- Are there any other effective treatments?
- Who are involved in the treatment?
- Will our child's entire treatment be administered in the Máxima Center or can we also go to another hospital?
- Should my child be admitted straight away? What's the procedure for that?
- May I stay with my child?
- May my brothers and sisters visit?
- May other people come and visit?
- What side effects can be expected on the short term?
- How can you ensure that my child has the least possible adverse effects?
- What side effects can be expected in the long term?
- Will my child still be able to have children?
- What can you do to prevent or mitigate adverse effects in the long term?
- What impact will the treatment have on my child's development?
- How will the treatment affect my child's daily life? Can my child attend school, participate in sports or play with friends?
- Who can I phone in case of acute problems?
- To whom can I address my questions?
- Is the treatment covered by my health insurance provider?
- What else is important to know?