If you are walking or cycling along these routes, please be aware of the following:
- Ensure that the neck, arms and legs are covered.
- When in contact with the hairs; don't rub or scratch! Rinse the skin well with lukewarm water. Or strip the skin with tape.
- You can remove stinging hairs from clothing by washing them thoroughly, preferably at 60ºC.
- The symptoms will resolve automatically within 2 weeks.
- Visit the doctor in case of eye complaints or allergic complaints.
You can reduce the these symptoms with cooling ointment or levomenthol / cooling ointment and possibly an antihistamine, such as levocetirizine tablets. We have these available at our pharmacy in the Princess Máxima Center on the third floor and can be collected here for a fee.