In the Princess Máxima Center there are 2 living rooms (on the 2nd and 3rd floor), both with two parents' kitchens. You can prepare your own meals here with your own groceries (if transported and stored refrigerated) or with groceries that you can have delivered to our center via the Plus (supermarket). The parent kitchens contain basic ingredients such as olive oil, pepper and salt, as well as kitchen utensils.
In the parents' kitchens there is also a dishwasher (90º C) to clean the used kitchen materials and crockery.
Advice at home:
- You keep food that is eaten cold in the refrigerator until departure to the Princess Máxima Center.
- Raw and prepared products should be stored separately in the refrigerator (e.g. by wrapping them in cling film or aluminum foil, trays or refrigerator boxes).
- Place raw products underneath and put prepared products in the top of the refrigerator.
Advice for transportation:
- Transport products well packed in a cooler bag with cooling elements (max 7 degrees Celsius) and uncooled products that are not packed in sealed boxes or aluminum foil.
- Preparing at home and taking it warm is not allowed.
In the Princess Máxima Center:
You keep the messages you brought with you in your own Parent Child Unit until the moment of preparation. The following rules apply:
- Store perishable products in the refrigerator.
- Do not leave milk products out of the refrigerator for more than 2 hours, then discard.
- Cool a dish that is not eaten immediately, for example in a container with water.
- Do not use products that are kept warm for more than an hour.
- Store a pre-prepared dish for up to 2 days, covered in the refrigerator.
- Cover food, including in the refrigerator.
- For reasons of maintaining food safety, all opened products must be provided with a sticker stating: Name of yourself / your child; you are the owner;
- Name of yourself / your child; you are the owner;
- Date on which the product was placed in your refrigerator. (refrigerator temperature 4 ° C);
- You check the food items you have brought yourself daily with a sticker. They must be discarded after the expiration date or the storage period (see Table 1). Products that have been in the freezer for more than a month should also be removed. Service employees and Hostesses / men Eating & Drinking are also authorized to do this.
The Princess Máxima Center is not responsible for the safety of food brought by itself and stored in the refrigerator on its own Parent Child Unit.
Pay attention! If you want to cook for your child yourself during admission, you should always discuss this with your attending physician from the Princess Máxima Center. If you are going to cook for your child, always inform the hostess / gentleman so that she can discuss any details with you. In case of contamination or insulation, your child may not enter the living room (near the parents' kitchens).
The following things are very important when preparing dishes:
- Wash hands before preparing and eating the meal. Do not wear jewelry when preparing food.
- Provide undamaged and fresh fruits and vegetables and wash them carefully before use.
- Heat meat, fish, chicken and egg through and through.
- Use clean plastic, glass or metal utensils (shelves, ladles).
- Heat a pre-prepared dish thoroughly and up to once.
- Keep dirty and raw products separate from clean and prepared products, avoid transferring bacteria from raw to prepared products through hands, cutting board, plate or other kitchen utensils.
- If you want to bring food to your child in the OKE, the food must be well covered during transport and eaten immediately.
The Princess Máxima Center is not responsible for the safety of food prepared by you or your visit.
After using the parent kitchen, you should leave it tidy and clean. You can get help from the volunteers of Ronald McDonald. After using the kitchen, the following agreements apply:
- Basic ingredients (olive oil, pepper, salt) are returned where you packed them.
- Food leftovers are sorted and disposed of in accordance with the waste collection system.
- Pans, kitchen utensils and crockery are cleaned of food residues and placed in the dishwasher and cleaned at 90ºC, no short program.
- The kitchen sink, stove, faucet and sink are cleaned with a clean microfibre cloth, according to instructions available in the parent kitchen.
The responsibility for the daily cleaning of the living room, including the parents' kitchens, lies with the cleaning employee of the Princess Máxima Center, in accordance with the cleaning protocol.